/ Year two / Portfolio

For the portfolio brief I was asked to put all of the work I had produced in the first year into presentable A3 spreads to create a professional    looking portfolio.

This project’s main purpose was to show the new course tutors what kind of work I had previously created. It also gave me the opportunity to get back into swing of things.

I enjoyed laying out my earlier work as it gave me a chance to review some of my old ideas, although coming up with a simple layout style that would display my work effectively was not as easy as I originally thought. After experimenting with many layout ideas I decided to go with the simple gray typography because I felt it let the designs speak for themselves.

The main learning outcome I gained from this exercise was how important it is to display portfolio work in a way that is clear. It should allow the viewer to quickly grasp what my aims and creative choices were during the project.




No comments: